How Soon Can We Get This Permit Back?
Ok, so you ordered your permit and now you want to know how long before you receive it. You have a truck waiting, your customer wants to know why the driver hasn’t started moving yet. I need that permit now! Hurry Hurry, Rush, Rush. I thought you guys were fast!
Yep, that’s what we hear all the time.
- The state’s tell us that we have to allow 24 to 48 hours from the moment we submit an order for it to be returned. They don’t like us to call, email or fax them regarding the status of an order. However we still do it from time to time because it does help in some situations. Others it doesn’t.
- Fuel and Trip permits that are ordered during the day (standard business hours) usually come back within 1-2 hours.
- Oversize, Wide Load and some Overweight permits, less than 13′ wide, under 100,000# usually come back the same day if ordered by 12:00pm.
- Overheight permits that require a route survey take at least 1-2 days and that depends on the specific load details.
- Superload permits are in their own category, these completely depend on the load specifics. Everyone is different. Can take from a few days to months depending on the complexity of the load.
One of the best ways to make sure you have your permits back in time for your truck to keep moving is to order them ahead of time. Giving us a 1 to 2 day notice will greatly increase this. Another thing that will help get your permits back faster is to have all the information completed on the application when you email or fax it to us. Many applications are incomplete because the person ordering believes that we don’t need certain information. Please keep in mind that we don’t ask for any information that isn’t needed.
We submit your order within minutes of receiving it to ensure that your order will be completed in a timely manner.
Rest assured, we do all we can to get your permits issued as quickly as possible.
Talk to you soon!